- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 8 inch square pan.
- To make easier to remove brownies, line with two crossing pieces of foil long enough to extend several inches over each side. Grease foil.
- In double boiler melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Whisk in cocoa. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour just until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out with some sticky crumbs still on it.
NotesOf course they're the best...they're from Cooks Illustrated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Camp Nubar Baking Class
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More