- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup Thompson dark raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup corn syrup (grease cup before measuring)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line tart tins with pastry. Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine raisins, butter, sugar, syrup and salt.
- Set over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is warm, stirring to dissolve sugar. Don't let mixture get hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs and vanilla. Spoon filling into pastry-lined tart shells, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in 450F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake five minutes more or until pastry is golden.
- Don't let filling bubble over pastry or you will have trouble getting the tarts out of the pans. Let cool before removing from pans
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More