BEST BUTTER TARTS!
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup Thompson dark raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup corn syrup (grease cup before measuring)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
Line tart tins with pastry. Preheat oven to 450F.
In a heavy saucepan, combine raisins, butter, sugar, syrup and salt.
Set over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is warm, stirring to dissolve sugar. Don't let mixture get hot.
Remove from heat and stir in eggs and vanilla. Spoon filling into pastry-lined tart shells, filling each 2/3 full.
Bake in 450F oven for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350F and bake five minutes more or until pastry is golden.
Don't let filling bubble over pastry or you will have trouble getting the tarts out of the pans. Let cool before removing from pans