- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pastry for double crust 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup Thompson dark raisins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup corn syrup (grease cup before measuring)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line tart tins with pastry. Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine raisins, butter, sugar, syrup and salt.
- Set over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is warm, stirring to dissolve sugar. Don't let mixture get hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in eggs and vanilla. Spoon filling into pastry-lined tart shells, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in 450F oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake five minutes more or until pastry is golden.
- Don't let filling bubble over pastry or you will have trouble getting the tarts out of the pans. Let cool before removing from pans
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More