- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3 layer cak
- Preparation Time: 20-30
- 2 sticks butter, softened (room temperature)
- 1 c. Crisco shortening
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 4-6 T. cold milk or cream
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar using low speed on mixer.
- Using medium high speed, add milk 1 T. at a time until desired consistency.
- Frost cake.
NotesMy grandmother put this frosting on all of her cakes. It is easy and tastes so good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Koken met Oma
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More