- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 2 hrs.
- * 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- * 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- * 2 teaspoons pepper
- * 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- * 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each)
- * 5 cups chicken broth
- * 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- * 1/2 cup chopped celery
- * 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- * 1/2 cup chopped onion
- * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- * NOODLES:
- * 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- * 1 tablespoon Crisco® Light Olive Oil
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over chickens. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Drain and reserve drippings. Skim fat. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces. Cover and refrigerate chicken.
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, bring chicken broth and reserved drippings to a boil. Add the mushrooms, celery, carrots, onion and pepper; simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg and milk; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into thirds. Roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness; cut to desired width.
- Freeze two portions to use at another time. Bring soup to a boil. Add one portion of noodles; cook for 7-9 minutes or until noodles are almost tender. Add chicken; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Cooking with Sabra
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More