- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 10 oz Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz cold butter
- Preheat Oven to 325°
- Chop chocolate and put in microwave safe bowl with butter. Microwave on 50% for 1 to 2 minutes covered, then stir to melt and mix.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- In seperate bowl mix eggs, vanilla and add sugar and remix, then buttermilk and mix. Then add the melted chocolate and butter into the bowl and mix well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, etc. into the batter and stir together until mixed.
- Grease a 9x13 nonstick cake pan. Pour batter into greased pan and bake at 325° for about 40 minutes. (toothpick comes out dry)
- Cool in pan for 1 hour.
- Coarsely chop milk chocolate in processor. Bring cream just to a simmer in microwave, add corn syrup and pour into processor while running until mixed.
- Add confectioner's sugar and cold butter 1 Tbsp at a time until smooth. Put in a bowl and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Invert cake to remove from pan (or leave in the pan if desired) and Ice the top of the cake before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More