- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Dutch Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 10 oz Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 8 oz cold butter
- Preheat Oven to 325°
- Chop chocolate and put in microwave safe bowl with butter. Microwave on 50% for 1 to 2 minutes covered, then stir to melt and mix.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- In seperate bowl mix eggs, vanilla and add sugar and remix, then buttermilk and mix. Then add the melted chocolate and butter into the bowl and mix well.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, etc. into the batter and stir together until mixed.
- Grease a 9x13 nonstick cake pan. Pour batter into greased pan and bake at 325° for about 40 minutes. (toothpick comes out dry)
- Cool in pan for 1 hour.
- Coarsely chop milk chocolate in processor. Bring cream just to a simmer in microwave, add corn syrup and pour into processor while running until mixed.
- Add confectioner's sugar and cold butter 1 Tbsp at a time until smooth. Put in a bowl and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Invert cake to remove from pan (or leave in the pan if desired) and Ice the top of the cake before serving.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More