- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 bag cranberries
- zest, juice and pulp of 1 orange
- 1 apple
- Add your orange juice and sugar to a sauce pan. Heat over medium high heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour your cranberries into a colander. Rinse and pick out any smooshed or ugly berries. Add berries to the pan and stir to coat in OJ
- While berries are cooking, zest the orange. Cut orange in half squeeze halves by stabbing center with a fork and pressing orange halves around it. Scrape out some of the pulp as well. Add zest, juice and pulp to pan.
- While berries continue to simmer, peel, core and chop apple into small pieces. Once most of the berries have burst, add apple pieces to pan and stir.
- Cook for 5 more minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve warm over waffles or ice cream. If using for a turkey condiment, allow to stand for about 15 minutes, then pour mixture into a glass bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
NotesThis is a grerat turkey condiment but is also fabulous served warm over ice cream or waffles
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More