- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Thawed Turkey
- ½ cup Sea Salt
- Butter (NOT MARGARINE)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 or 12 cloves of Garlic
- Ground Allspice
- Poultry Seasoning
- Soak THAWED Turkey in COLD water and ½ cup Sea Salt for 4 hrs. (Every hr or so I add ice to the water).
- Then after soaking is finished pat the bird dry inside and out with a lint free cloth.
- Place turkey in roasting pan and gently lift the skin and put BUTTER under the skin (I use a lot of butter) Then rub the outside of the skin and the cavity with Olive Oil.
- Chop the garlic in a food processor with a bit of water added (about a ¼ of a cup)
- Brush the chopped garlic and juice all over the outside and don’t forget the cavity.
- Sprinkle the allspice and the poultry seasoning on the outside and the cavity of the Turkey. Don’t use too much …just a good sprinkling of both.
- Now cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 ..20 minutes per lb is about normal.
- If you intend to stuff the bird do so about the last hour.
- I promise you will never cook turkey any other way! Enjoy!!
NotesThis is the most fantastic, moist turkey you will ever eat! I usually use about an 18 lb turkey …Just make sure to adjust baking time. (20 minutes per lb)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More