- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 eggs at room temperature (very important!!)
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 50g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- preheat oven to 180degreesC and grease well and line the bottom of a circular cake tin (deep).
- using an electric mixer with a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick like mousse (about 10 mins).
- sift the flour into the egg mix then gently but thouroughly mix the flour through.
- trickle the melted butter down the sides of the bowl then combine gently but thouroughly.
- bake for 12-15mins until the top is springy. do not open the oven until at least 12mins have elapsed.
- allow to cool slightly in tin before turning out onto a clean tea towel.
- when completely cold, cut in half with a sharp bread knife. cover one half with whipped cream (i mix castor sugar and vanilla into my cream to taste) ten sandwich the other half on top.
- dust with icing sugar to serve
Notesthis comes from a stephanie alexander recipie, with a few small changes of my own.