Best Ever Oreo Brownies
Why I Love This Recipe
To me, a chocolate brownie must be made with a dark enough chocolate to give off that rich flavor whilst remaining gooey and moist. I've tried several different chocolate brownie recipes but this one always comes out tops. Adapted from the Hummingbird Recipe book, I've added Oreos for extra crunch!
Ingredients You'll Need
200g dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids)
175g unsalted butter or margarine
325g caster sugar
130g plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 170'C (325'F)
2) Grease and line a 33 x 25 x 5cm baking tray
3) Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Remove from the heat once melted.
4) Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
5)Mix in the flour until thick and smooth.
6) Break open the eggs and lightly beat with a fork. Stir into the chocolate mix.
7) Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
8) Cut 5 of the Oreos into six equal pieces and arrange randomly on top of the mixture. Crumble the remaining 1 Oreo over the top.
9) Bake for approx. 35-40 minutes, until the top is flakey and the center is soft. Be careful not to over bake as the edges will become hard and crunchy.
10) Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and slicing into 16 squares.