- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups crushed shortbread or butter cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Pkgs (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Vanilla or White chips, melted and cooled
- 2/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Ext.
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides (1/2 inch) of a greased 9-inch springform pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, chips, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time; Beat on low speed until just combined.
- Pour over crust. Place pan on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350' for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer covered with a clean towel. Refrigerate overnight.
- Chill beaters of a mixer in a refrigerate. Combine whipping cream and sugar for topping. Whip well. Decorate as desired.
- To create as pictured, using a shaped cookie cutter- fill cookie cutter (on a flat surface)with melted chocolate, white chocolate, etc. (peanut butter, butterscotch, etc.).
- Allow to cool or freeze/ refrigerate until set. Remove carefully from cookie cutter and place on cheesecake!
NotesI love cheesecake and I am ALWAYS looking for one recipe to top the last one- This one definitely did NOT disapoint! It is a very smooth and creamy versatile cheesecake.
You can add ingredients to it or top it with so many different things! I chose to make a light and creamy peppermint white Chocolate Cheesecake for Christmas!
Have fun with this versatile recipe and use your imagination!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More