- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar, 10X
- 1 tub large tub Cool Whip
- 1 cup grated chocolate, ¼ cup in reserve
- 1 cup chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts
- Combine cream cheese and sugars in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix on HIGH for about 2 minutes. Add Cool Whip.
- Beating until smooth.
- This mixture will set up in about 5 minutes.
- It will become thick. Fold in chocolate and nuts.
- Begin by placing first layer of the cake on a plate or tray of your choice.
- Frost the top of the cake with about ½ cup of the
- Add the second layer of the cake on top of the first and frost the top of the second layer with ½ cup of the frosting.
- Add the third layer of the cake and frost the top of the third layer with ½ cup of the frosting.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour. This will set the frosting.
- It will help to prevent the crumbs of the cake getting in the final frosting.
- Remove the cake from the freezer.
- Finish frosting the cake.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
My Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More