- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 4-5 cups all-purpose Flour
- Heat water in microwave for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds (depends on your microwave) Temperature should be no hotter than 120 degrees.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, salt and oil. stir to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Next measure out 2 1/2 cups of flour and pour into the water.
- Spread the flour evenly over the water, add the yeast.
- Stir to mix and make a sponge like dough.
- now continue to add more flour to form a soft pliable dough.
- Knead in bowl or out on a floured board for 10 minutes. (Don't skimp on the kneading part) Cover and let rest for 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch down and divide into 2 - 1lb loaves.
- Roll each piece out to a rectangle shape, roll uo jelly roll style pinching dough together along seam line.
- Tuck under ends.
- Place into a lightly sprayed loaf pan; cover and let rest for approximately 30minutes to 1 hour. Now here is the loving part that comes into this recipe,
- Get your hand wet with cold water and gently rub over the entire surface being careful not to deflate the bread.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12- 15 minutes. A
- little longer baking time may be needed to ensure that the crust has browned nicely.
- Remove from oven and pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Hope you enjoy this great recipe once you try it you will never buy the store bought stuff again.
- Makes 2 - 1lb Loaves
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Bake Time 12-15 minutes
- Enjoy! SAAHAN
NotesThis recipe I use for all my bread needs. From Pizza to rolls to sandwich bread. This recipe was handed down to me from my great-grandmother, she used it for everything.
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More