- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 pound Spanish onions (about 3 medium), each cut in half, then thinly sliced
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions, stirring to coat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes for onions to soften, stirring occasionally. Uncover, increase heat to medium and cook 15-20 minutes more or until onions are browned, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan, place potatoes in enough water to cover. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Reserve 1/4 cup potato-cooking water. Drain potatoes.
- In same saucepan, mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Gradually add warm milk, mashing potatoes until fluffy and adding reserved potato-cooking water as necessary. Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into serving bowl and top with onion mixture.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
2 Point Home Made Yogurt
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More