- Cooking Time: 13
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 3/4 cup shortening
- * 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1 large egg
- * 1/4 cup milk
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- * 1 cup flour
- * 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- * 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- * 1 cup peeled diced apple (fugi, gala or granny smith preferred)
- * 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- * 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Stir in oats, apples, raisins and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
- Cool for a minute or 2 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesThese delicious, chewy and chunky cookies are full of healthy ingredients and lots of textures to delight your palate!