BEST OATMEAL APPLE COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 13
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 3/4 cup shortening
- * 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1 large egg
- * 1/4 cup milk
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- * 1 cup flour
- * 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- * 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- * 1 cup peeled diced apple (fugi, gala or granny smith preferred)
- * 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- * 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375° and line cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
Combine shortening, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
Beat at medium speed until well blended.
Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended.
Stir in oats, apples, raisins and nuts.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 13 minutes or until just set.
Cool for a minute or 2 on cookie sheets and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.