- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1 cake/about 18 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 5-7
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
NotesEvery person I've ever made this icing for can't keep their hands out of the mixing bowl. It has a really great thick and creamy consistency that makes it absolutely perfect for cakes and cupcakes. It also takes about 5 minutes to make!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More