- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1 cake/about 18 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 5-7
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
NotesEvery person I've ever made this icing for can't keep their hands out of the mixing bowl. It has a really great thick and creamy consistency that makes it absolutely perfect for cakes and cupcakes. It also takes about 5 minutes to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Adventures in CookingSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More