- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1 cake/about 18 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 5-7
- 2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 9 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
NotesEvery person I've ever made this icing for can't keep their hands out of the mixing bowl. It has a really great thick and creamy consistency that makes it absolutely perfect for cakes and cupcakes. It also takes about 5 minutes to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More