- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup water
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
- This should be a light lemon yellow mixture.
- Sift together flour and soda.
- Add to the butter mixture 1/3 at a time.
- This batter will be very thick.
- Separate eggs. Add egg yolks, one at a time, to the batter.
- Add sour cream and vanilla also to the batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the batter.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking; Combine water and frozen orange juice concentrate in a small bowl. Stir until combined and concentrate is melted.
- Remove cake from oven and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle the orange juice mixture over the still warm cake.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More