- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup water
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
- This should be a light lemon yellow mixture.
- Sift together flour and soda.
- Add to the butter mixture 1/3 at a time.
- This batter will be very thick.
- Separate eggs. Add egg yolks, one at a time, to the batter.
- Add sour cream and vanilla also to the batter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the batter.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking; Combine water and frozen orange juice concentrate in a small bowl. Stir until combined and concentrate is melted.
- Remove cake from oven and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle the orange juice mixture over the still warm cake.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More