- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 375g dark cooking chocolate
- 250g butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- Icing suger to dust
- Optional - 250g white choc drops
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sized saucepan - careful not the burn the chocolate. Mix in sugar until dissolved then remove from heat. Add eggs one at a time - mix them quickly as they will cook in the hot chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and salt. Sift in flour and mix thoroughly.
- This is where I like to add white choc drops..mmm...
- Pour into large greased pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar over the top of the brownies and serve.
- They're delicious warm but get fudgey as they cool.
NotesMum got the recipe from an ancient Women's Weekly cook book. We're talkin like 20 years old. I've never tasted a better brownie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More