- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryMum got the recipe from an ancient Women's Weekly cook book. We're talkin like 20 years old. I've never tasted a better brownie.
- 375g dark cooking chocolate
- 250g butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- Icing suger to dust
- Optional - 250g white choc drops
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium sized saucepan - careful not the burn the chocolate. Mix in sugar until dissolved then remove from heat. Add eggs one at a time - mix them quickly as they will cook in the hot chocolate mixture. Add vanilla and salt. Sift in flour and mix thoroughly.
- This is where I like to add white choc drops..mmm...
- Pour into large greased pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar over the top of the brownies and serve.
- They're delicious warm but get fudgey as they cool.