- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4 (about 12 pancakes)
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- For pancake mixes requiring liquid and egg, use:
- 2 cups mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- For pancake mix requiring liquid only, use:
- 2 cups mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Fruit stir-ins:
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 banana, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- Canola oil, for griddle
- Maple syrup or honey, to pass at table
- Measure out the pancake mix – ignore the directions from there onward and follow the amounts in this recipe. Stir and adjust the milk until you achieve a consistency that is thick, but able to be poured. Add the blueberries and sliced bananas, then stir to combine.
- Pre-heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a drizzle of canola oil. Pour 1/4 cup measure of batter onto hot, greased griddle. Cook until the sides are dry and bubbles are popping around the edges, then flip and cook the other side. Continue until all the batter is used up. Serve with maple syrup or honey.
NotesThis is the best, easiest, and cheapest way to make the most out of boxed pancake/waffle mixes. Just these small changes make a LOAD of difference in taste & texture! Boyfriend-approved.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More