- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fresh Strawberries and/or Raspberries
- Candied Ginger
- Oatmeal (Rolled Oats--you know, the stuff you put in cookies)
- Place about 1/2 to 1 cup of water in pan on stove, bring to boil. Add 2 tbs to 1/4 cup sugar and handful of candied ginger. Boil until you have a medium/thin syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Spread layer of oats on baking sheet with ground almonds (I grind the almonds into almost cornmeal consistency.) Toast very lightly (if you can smell almonds, you've toasted them too long.) Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream w/ blender until you get peaks, add a little sugar and whip more. Fold in Yogurt. (Determine your own ratio of cream to yogurt based on however healthy you decided you need to be that day.) Pop into the fridge until ready to assemble.
- If using fresh strawberries, half or quarter.
- layer oats in base of cups, layer fruit, drizzle with syrup (strain your syrup if you ginger candy chunks are large), layer of whipped cream/yogurt. Repeat until you reach the top of the cup. Garnish with a sprinkle of the oat/almond blend and a strawberry or raspberry and/or a piece of candied ginger.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More