- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryI found this recipe on the Kraft Foods website; I list the ingredients here as they're given in the recipe, but you may need to add more as needed.
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef (I used one lb. of ground sirloin)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I didn't have any garlic, so I used 2 tsp. of garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped (I used a can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 oz.) carton Cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (I used oven-ready noodles; no need to cook and drain)
- 1 (7 oz.) package shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in a large saucepan; stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes.
- Mix egg, Cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce mixture onto bottom of 13 X 9-inch pan; top with layers of 3 noodles, 1 cup Cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1 cup remaining sauce; repaet layers.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce and cover.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through; uncover and top with remaining Mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes or until Mozzarella melts; let stand 5 minutes.