- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef (I used one lb. of ground sirloin)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I didn't have any garlic, so I used 2 tsp. of garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped (I used a can of diced tomatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 oz.) carton Cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained (I used oven-ready noodles; no need to cook and drain)
- 1 (7 oz.) package shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brown meat with garlic and oregano in a large saucepan; stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir in tomatoes.
- Mix egg, Cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce mixture onto bottom of 13 X 9-inch pan; top with layers of 3 noodles, 1 cup Cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1 cup remaining sauce; repaet layers.
- Top with remaining noodles and sauce and cover.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through; uncover and top with remaining Mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes or until Mozzarella melts; let stand 5 minutes.
NotesI found this recipe on the Kraft Foods website; I list the ingredients here as they're given in the recipe, but you may need to add more as needed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More