- Cooking Time:
- Servings: one pie, 8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 T. corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 pinch each of ground allspice, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 9″ pie shell, unbaked
- 1. Bring squash and enough water to barely cover to a boil; simmer over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3. In food processor, combine squash, brown sugar, corn starch, egg, evaporated milk, cinnamon and other spices. Process until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
- 4. Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
NotesDelicious! Nobody will ever guess it isn't pumpkin in this pie!
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More