- Cooking Time:
- Servings: one pie, 8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 T. corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 pinch each of ground allspice, cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- 9″ pie shell, unbaked
- 1. Bring squash and enough water to barely cover to a boil; simmer over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3. In food processor, combine squash, brown sugar, corn starch, egg, evaporated milk, cinnamon and other spices. Process until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
- 4. Bake for 50 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
NotesDelicious! Nobody will ever guess it isn't pumpkin in this pie!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More