- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8-12 large cloves garlice
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can chicken broth [Not low sodium]
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 T snipped fresh parsley
- Peel and quarter garlic cloves. In a medium saucepan cook garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat till light brown. Add orzo and cook till light brown.
- Stir in rice. Slowly add chicken broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat ans simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till orzo and rice are tender and broth is absorbed. Stir green onions and parsley into the pilaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 4-6 side dish servings. Keeps well for a few days in the fridge if you have leftovers.
NotesFound this on the craigslist food forum. It is terrific.
Better than rice a roni: Rice a Roni loaded with preservatives and MSG, this version is not.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More