- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg yellw cake mix with pudding -bake as directed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can of 15 1/2 crushed pineapple
- 1 pkg of instant vanilla pudding (mix as directed)
- 1 container of cool whip
- coconut (optional)
- crushed walnuts (optional)
- Prepare yellow cake as directed, using a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake until done, and remove from oven. Poke holes in the top of the cake using a fork.
- In a saucepan, combine pineapple with juices and sugar. Cook over medium heat until syrup thickens. Pour over top of warm cake, and cool.
- Spread Pudding mixture over Pineapple
- Spread cool whip over pudding mixture
- Sprinkle with coconut and crushed walnuts (optional)
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight
NotesMy grandmother used to always make this for family members when they would have a new baby ;) Very Very Delish!!!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More