- Cooking Time: 6 hours 30 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
The NourishFull Kitchen
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More