- Cooking Time: 6 hours 30 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.