- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNo real backstory here. They're just delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Measure out flour, baking powder, salt and rolled oats into a bowl.
- Put the butter and sugars into another bowl and beat together until creamy-this is obviusly easier with an electric mixer of some kind, but you just need to put some muscle into it-then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder, salt and oat mixture and then fold in the cranberries, chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into a ball with your hands, and then place them on a lined or greased baking sheet and squish the dough balls down with a fork. You may need two baking sheets or be prepared to make these in two batches.
- Cook for 15 minutes; when ready, the cookies will be tinged a pale gold, but be too soft to lift immediately off the tray, so leave the tray on a cool surface and let them harden for about 5 minutes. Remove with a spatula or whatever to cool fully on a wire rack.