- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 large baking apples (about 5 1/2 lb), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together syrup, flour and cinnamon until blended. Add apples; toss until evenly coated. Spread in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In same bowl, with pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives in opposite directions), cut butter into cookie mix until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Crumble mixture over apples in baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes. Very loosely cover with foil; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More