BETTY CROCKER CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER TRIFLE
- Cooking Time: 160
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate peanut butter chip cookie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate-covered peanuts
Heat oven to 350ºF. Make cookies as directed on pouch, using oil, water and egg. Bake and cool as directed. Cut each cookie into fourths.
Melt butter and brown sugar in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft. Fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture.
Place half of the cookie pieces in bottom of 2-quart glass bowl. Spoon half of peanut butter mixture over cookies. Top with remaining cookies and peanut butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 12 hours. Sprinkle with peanuts.