- Cooking Time: 3 hours 20 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or shortening
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck, tip or round roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large unpeeled potato, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add beef; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until beef is almost tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cold water and flour. Cover; cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf.
- In tightly covered jar or container, shake cold water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More