BETTY CROCKER DIJON CHICKEN SMOTHERED IN MUSHROOMS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth (from 14-oz can)
- 1 jar (4.5 oz) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Chopped fresh thyme, if desired
Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick. In shallow pan, stir together flour, salt and pepper.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Coat both sides of chicken with flour mixture. Cook chicken in hot oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to serving plate; cover to keep warm.
Stir broth into skillet. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and mustard. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme.
Website Credit: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/dijon-chicken-smothered-in-mushrooms/1ba2c830-92a3-4c5c-8eb5-d5293f95316d