- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 bottle (1 oz) red food color (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 5 teaspoons milk or water
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cupcake ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate uncovered 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter and 3 teaspoons of the milk with electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk until smooth and spreadable.
- To assemble, remove paper baking cups, and cut cupcakes in half horizontally. Set aside 16 cupcake tops. Pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting onto cut side of 16 cupcake bottoms; top each with another cupcake top or bottom. Pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on each cupcake. Top with reserved cupcake tops. Pipe frosting on cupcake tops. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Store in refrigerator until serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More