- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles (4 oz)
- Sauerbraten Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix all meatball ingredients. Shape mixture into 10 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain noodles as directed on package, omitting salt.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Stir drained meatballs into sauce. Serve over noodles.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More