- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles (4 oz)
- Sauerbraten Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix all meatball ingredients. Shape mixture into 10 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain noodles as directed on package, omitting salt.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Stir drained meatballs into sauce. Serve over noodles.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wifeSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More