- Cooking Time: 6 hours 30 mins
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32-oz) Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth and water.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
- In small bowl, mix flour into milk; stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More