- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 2 chipotle chiles (from 6-ounce can),seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope (0.87 ounce) chicken gravy mix
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped ( 3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Place chicken, pinto beans, green chiles, chipotle chiles and gravy mix (dry) in order listed in 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make Spanish rice mix as directed on package, using water and oil.
- Meanwhile, gently stir tomato into chicken mixture.
- To serve, spoon about 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over 1/2 cup rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More