- Cooking Time: 10 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 2 chipotle chiles (from 6-ounce can),seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope (0.87 ounce) chicken gravy mix
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped ( 3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Place chicken, pinto beans, green chiles, chipotle chiles and gravy mix (dry) in order listed in 3- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make Spanish rice mix as directed on package, using water and oil.
- Meanwhile, gently stir tomato into chicken mixture.
- To serve, spoon about 1 1/4 cups chicken mixture over 1/2 cup rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More