- Cooking Time: 8 hr 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 pounds beef boneless round, tip or chuck steak, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Southwestern salsa-style diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions (from 1-pound bag), thawed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Cut beef steak into 4 serving pieces. Place beef in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Mix broth, tomatoes, cumin, salt and garlic in medium bowl; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir bell pepper mixture and rice into mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Home cookingSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More