- Cooking Time: 8 hr 30 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 pounds beef boneless round, tip or chuck steak, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1 cup Progresso® beef flavored broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Southwestern salsa-style diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions (from 1-pound bag), thawed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- Cut beef steak into 4 serving pieces. Place beef in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Mix broth, tomatoes, cumin, salt and garlic in medium bowl; pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir bell pepper mixture and rice into mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.