- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I prefer walnut)
- Spread cans of cherry pie filling evenly over 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over all.
- Spread butter (cut into thin slices) evenly over all.
- Finally, spread chopped nuts evenly over all.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes in 350 degree oven.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a neighbor when I had been married for only two years and had one little girl one years old. I have now been married for 55 years, have had four children, seven grandchildren, six and one-half great- grandchildren and that little girl is now the grandmother of two beautiful little girls. It brings back such fond memories of building a family and a life together with my husband, and of people not seen for years that I treasured in my life. I cannot make and eat it without immediately transposing myself back in time. I love sharing it because it is so simple, so good and so easy to have all the ingredients on hand!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More