- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I prefer walnut)
- Spread cans of cherry pie filling evenly over 9" x 13" cake pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over all.
- Spread butter (cut into thin slices) evenly over all.
- Finally, spread chopped nuts evenly over all.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes in 350 degree oven.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a neighbor when I had been married for only two years and had one little girl one years old. I have now been married for 55 years, have had four children, seven grandchildren, six and one-half great- grandchildren and that little girl is now the grandmother of two beautiful little girls. It brings back such fond memories of building a family and a life together with my husband, and of people not seen for years that I treasured in my life. I cannot make and eat it without immediately transposing myself back in time. I love sharing it because it is so simple, so good and so easy to have all the ingredients on hand!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More