BEWITCHING ICE CREAM CONES
- Servings: 8
- 8 chocolate sugar ice cream cones
- 1 tube chocolate decorating gel
- 8 thin round chocolate wafers (2-1/4 inch diameter)
- 1 quart pistachio, mint or ice cream of your choice
- Black shoestring licorice
- 16 semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 candy corn candies
- Red decorating gel
Coat edge of ice cream cones with decorating gel; press chocolate wafer against gel to make bring of hat.
Drop eight scoops of ice cream onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
Cut licorice into strips for hair; press into ice cream.
Add chocolate chips for eyes and candy corn for noses.
Pipe red gel for mouths.
Flatten scoops slightly to hold hats in place; position hats over heads.
Freeze for at least 2 hours or until hats are set. Wrap each in plastic wrap after solidly frozen.
Both young and old members of my family request these frozen treats every Halloween. DGS and I have made this a fun tradition every year!!