- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup of sugar (to caramelize pan)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 oz of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2- Caramelize a round 8x3 aluminum pan, by melting 1 cup of sugar, slowly, in the pan to a light gold. Swirl the pan to coat bottom and sides with caramel. Set aside.
- 3- In the blender add milk, vanilla extract, sugar, eggs, and 4 oz of cream cheese. Blend on mix cycle for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4- Strain mixture into the caramelized pan. Set pan in a large shallow baking pan containing about 1 inch of hot water.
- 5- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden. Remove pan from water bath.
- 6- Allow to cool. Cover and set in refrigerator. When ready to serve, turn flan onto a platter.
NotesGrowing up in Puerto Rico, flan is the traditional dessert on the island. It reminds me of my grandmother. I remember my 8 cousins and me waiting patiently for it to cool down enough to eat. To my grandmother's original recipe, I add just a 1/2 of cream cheese.
Submitted by: "Ivelisse Bibi Negron-Colom"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More