- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup of sugar (to caramelize pan)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 oz of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2- Caramelize a round 8x3 aluminum pan, by melting 1 cup of sugar, slowly, in the pan to a light gold. Swirl the pan to coat bottom and sides with caramel. Set aside.
- 3- In the blender add milk, vanilla extract, sugar, eggs, and 4 oz of cream cheese. Blend on mix cycle for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4- Strain mixture into the caramelized pan. Set pan in a large shallow baking pan containing about 1 inch of hot water.
- 5- Bake for 1 hour, or until golden. Remove pan from water bath.
- 6- Allow to cool. Cover and set in refrigerator. When ready to serve, turn flan onto a platter.
NotesGrowing up in Puerto Rico, flan is the traditional dessert on the island. It reminds me of my grandmother. I remember my 8 cousins and me waiting patiently for it to cool down enough to eat. To my grandmother's original recipe, I add just a 1/2 of cream cheese.
Submitted by: "Ivelisse Bibi Negron-Colom"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Simple Homemade Favorites
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More