- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups mochiko (sweet rice flour - you can get it at the Asian market)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 TBLS mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBLS grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and melted butter.
- Add eggs and mix until blended with sugar mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix.
- Add sweet rice flour and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- When cake comes out of the oven, start making the topping.
- Mix coconut milk with the mochiko.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and cook over medium heat till thick.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more.
- Pour over baked bibingka.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden brown...
- I leave off the cheese, because my kids don't like it.... but it's really tasty both ways.
NotesSince my Ex-MIL doesn't share her recipes, I combined a few recipes to come up with this recipe for bibingka! It's a sweet custardy rice cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More