- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups mochiko (sweet rice flour - you can get it at the Asian market)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 TBLS mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 TBLS grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix sugar and melted butter.
Add eggs and mix until blended with sugar mixture.
Add milk and vanilla. Mix.
Add sweet rice flour and baking powder.
Pour into a 9 x 13-inch pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
When cake comes out of the oven, start making the topping.
Mix coconut milk with the mochiko.
Add sweetened condensed milk and cook over medium heat till thick.
Add egg yolks and mix well.
Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more.
Pour over baked bibingka.
Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden brown...
I leave off the cheese, because my kids don't like it.... but it's really tasty both ways.