- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 tsps. dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4+ cups bread flour
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef, pork, or turkey (I used turkey)
- 1 TB. vegetable oil
- 1/2 small head of cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm milk.
- Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. In a heavy -duty mixer, combine oil, salt and eggs; add yeast mixture.
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat for 1 minute.
- Beat in 1/2 cup of flour at a time, until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 2. Switch to dough hook. Knead on low speed, adding remaining flour 1 TB. at a time, until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- 3. Place dough in a well-oiled large bowl and loosely cover.
- Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- 4. To make filling, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add meat and onion and cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add cabbage and cook until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool.
- 5. Punch dough down and let rest 5 minutes.
- 6. Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a letter-sized rectangle (roughly 8 by 11) and cut each rectangle into 6 squares.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling into center of each square.
- Bring opposite corners together at the center, pinching corners and seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise 20 minutes.
- 7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8. Uncover and bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
NotesFrom one of my favorite food blogs, deliciousdelicious.com. It hasn't been updated in ages, but I love it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Summertime SippersSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More