- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 45
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Warm water
- Mix together the flour, egg yolks, eggs and salt.
- Add warm water a little at a time, mixing well after each addition until you have a dough that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead it, adding flour when needed, until your dough has a nice silky smooth feel to it.
- Cut the dough ball into quarters.
- Roll out each quarter on a floured surface making it as thin or thick as you like.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the rolled out dough into noodles.
- Use a spatula to loosen the noodles into a loose pile.
- Sprinkled a little bit of flour over the pile and gently toss to coat. This will keep them from sticking together until you can get them into your hot broth or soup.
- Repeat with the other 3 sections of dough.
- Add the noodles to your boiling broth or soup, stirring well to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- To freeze, loosely pack them into storage containers; add frozen noodles to boiling liquid without thawing first, stirring gently to break them apart.
- Simmer noodles for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency. I like my noodles a little thick and slightly chewy.
NotesOne of my all time favorite comfort foods is chicken or beef and noodles. This recipe can be made either in your KA or by hand. It is a nice silky smooth dough with great elasticity. You can use them fresh or freeze them for future meals. I like to make a big batch and use half of them fresh and freeze the other half for another time. If you are going to mix and roll out a dough, you might as well make enough for more then one meal since you will already have a flour and dough mix mess to clean up anyway.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
A Falcon FeastSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More