- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 12 oz. cans tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried black pepper
- Heat oil in large pan. Saute onions and garlic until tender. Add rest of ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours. Stir occasionally. After it has simmered, cool completely and store in freezer bags or containers in increments that you find best for your family. When ready to use, thaw and heat. Favorite ingredients can be added like sliced mushrooms, cooked/drained sausage, hamburger, etc. This sauce is great for any Italian dish. We use it as a sauce for several types of pasta and as a pizza sauce.
- Fresh tomatoes may be substituted for large cans. You will still need to include the tomato paste. Peel, core, and chop enough tomatoes to make approximately 12 cups. The rest of the recipe remains the same.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Adventures in Cooking
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More