- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 28 oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 12 oz. cans tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried black pepper
- Heat oil in large pan. Saute onions and garlic until tender. Add rest of ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours. Stir occasionally. After it has simmered, cool completely and store in freezer bags or containers in increments that you find best for your family. When ready to use, thaw and heat. Favorite ingredients can be added like sliced mushrooms, cooked/drained sausage, hamburger, etc. This sauce is great for any Italian dish. We use it as a sauce for several types of pasta and as a pizza sauce.
- Fresh tomatoes may be substituted for large cans. You will still need to include the tomato paste. Peel, core, and chop enough tomatoes to make approximately 12 cups. The rest of the recipe remains the same.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More