- Cooking Time:
- Servings: makes 12 muffins
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Be sure an adult is nearby to help.
- Put the butter pieces in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a pot holder, remove the pan from the heat and set the butter aside to cool.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a table fork.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla. Using the same fork, beat until well blended.
- Add the milk mixture, melted butter and blueberries to the flour mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir gently until the ingredients are just blended.
- Spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons sugar evenly over the tops.
- Bake the muffins until they are golden and have risen nicely, 18 to 20 minutes. To test, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Using oven mitts, remove the muffin pan from the oven and place it on a wire cooling rack. Let the muffins cool for at least 15 minutes before removing them from the pan. Gently turn the pan over, letting the muffins fall out onto the rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More