- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: however many
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Potatoes--however many you need for the people you are serving
- Milk--too much, enough to make the potatoes soupy
- Bacon--1 strip per potato, cooked and diced
- Green Onions--to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese--to taste
- 1-2 packages frozen corn or 1-2 cans of, drained
- Butter--to taste
- Boil and mash the potatoes, add some butter and enough milk to make the potatoes soupy.
- Add some butter
- Add the diced bacon to the potatoes.
- Chop the green onions (including the green part) and add to potatoes.
- Add the corn and stir. If it's not soupy enough add more milk.
- Top with or stir in some shredded cheddar cheese.
NotesOne night I was making mashed potatoes and I put in too much milk.
So in the end I didn't have mashed potatoes I had a kind of potato chowder that was really, really good.
I've made it since all on it's own instead of as a side dish to a meal.
I've made a lot of things from mistakes that, with a little consideration, came out great.