- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 (mine made 14)
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour (13 ½ oz)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces (2 cups) good quality semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- If using dough right away, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (It’s best to chill, though)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars just until creamy. Don’t overbeat. Add the egg and vanilla and beat just until incorporated.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. When thoroughly mixed, add to batter and stir just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 12 big 4 oz lumps. Bake on ungreased cookies sheets (one sheet at a time). (I chilled my dough balls BEFORE baking)
- Bake times:
- Put the cookies in a 375 degree oven and set timer for 8 minutes. When timer rings, without opening oven or removing cookies, reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until cookies appear set.
- Otherwise, you can bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until done. (Mine did 24 minutes, but I have a convection oven)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More