- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the honeycomb butter
- 250g/8¾oz unsalted butter, softened
- 100g/3½oz sugar honeycomb, crushed with a rolling pin (you can use a Crunchie bar for this)
- 2 tbsp honey
- For the hotcakes:
- 225g/8oz ricotta
- 170ml/6fl oz milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 140g/5oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 50g/1½oz butter
- To serve:
- banana or strawberries
- icing sugar for dusting
- Make the honeycomb butter first. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Shape into a log on clingfilm, roll, seal and chill in a refrigerator for two hours.
- Place ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and mix to combine. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add to the ricotta mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites through batter in two batches, with a large metal spoon.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick frying pan with a small portion of the butter and drop two tablespoons of batter per hotcake into the pan (don’t cook more than three per batch).
- Cook over low to medium heat for two minutes, or until hotcakes have golden undersides. Turn hotcakes and cook on the other side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and quickly assemble with other ingredients.
- Slice one banana lengthways onto a plate, stack three hotcakes on top with a slice of honeycomb butter. Dust with icing sugar. You can use strawberries in place of the banana
NotesHomemade pancake recipe to die for. Having the reputation that they do, I thought that it was probably about time to try making these myself since I'd probably never get the chance to taste them at his cafe...
The verdict? Not the easiest breakfast around, but very delicious!
- Bill Granger's Ricotta Pancakes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More