- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons ap flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined.
- Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Billy Reece's vanilla cupcake recipe (halved, makes 12 cupcakes):
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More