- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped and pitted Bing cherries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or frozen, unsweetened, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon stickes broken in half
- 4 tsp brandy (I imagine cherry brandy would be best or maybe some Kirschwasser)
- Combine cherries, 1 cup raspberries, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer until cherries are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add brandy and rest of raspberries.
- Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Cool and serve at room temp.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
NotesThis is an alternative sauce for Couer a la Creme. Believe it or not, I got this recipe from an internet image site!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More