- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 bags shredded sweetened coconut (14-ounces each)
- Cadbury mini eggs
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in coconut until well combined.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Using a teaspoon and your fingers, form macaroons into 1 1/4-inch mounds about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Press several mini eggs into macaroon centers while they are warm. I used the end of a wooden spoon to make a hole, then pressed the candies inside.
- Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
NotesI made these for Easter this year, but they'd make a great treat for any spring party or even Mother's Day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Adventures in CookingSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More