- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 bags shredded sweetened coconut (14-ounces each)
- Cadbury mini eggs
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in coconut until well combined.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.
- Using a teaspoon and your fingers, form macaroons into 1 1/4-inch mounds about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until macaroons are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Press several mini eggs into macaroon centers while they are warm. I used the end of a wooden spoon to make a hole, then pressed the candies inside.
- Transfer baking sheets to a cooling rack; let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
NotesI made these for Easter this year, but they'd make a great treat for any spring party or even Mother's Day!
Babette's Test Kitchen
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Cole Family Cookbook 2015See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More