- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 pound (app 2/3 to 3/4 cup sesame seeds
- Sift the first 4 ingredients together.
- Cut the shortening in with a pastry cutter or two knives until the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Stir in the 2 eggs.
- Add in the milk a tablespoon at a time and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between the palms of your hands to form rolls about 1 1/2 inch long.
- Roll in the sesame seeds and flatten rolls slightly.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 375 for 15 minutes.
NotesThis is a nice, not too sweet, biscotti cookie
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Lau Family Recipes
Home cookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More