- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Maple sausage
- 3 T. flour
- 3 C. half & half
- kosher salt
- course ground black pepper
- fresh ground nutmeg
- Everything should be at room temperature before starting to cook, always!
- Preheat oven and bake biscuits per instruction on package.
- Crumble sausage into a frying pan, cook it until the small bits get dark brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over sausage and stir until the flour has been absorbed, pour about 1/2 C. of H&H in pan.
- With a wooden spoon mix the H&H in while scraping the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan up into the sauce. This is known as deglazing, and it’s how to get better depth of flavor in your sauces.
- Stir in the remaining H&H cook until the sauce is thick as you like it.
- Season gravy with a pinch of salt, black pepper and nutmeg, taste to be sure it’s seasoned to your liking.
- Tear biscuits in half cover with gravy.
- I've never mastered making biscuts, can't always turn out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More